Monday, February 27, 2012

California Girl's Chip Buttie

This one is for my New Zealand friend Natalie.  The chip buttie. A french fry sandwich? Well, that's what it amounts to. I sprinkled my fries with lemon pepper and baked them, so I could slather on the calories that I saved by baking them : ). Moot point. This was my very first chip buttie ever and I must say I love it! Not a low cal option, but a delicious splurge. I went out on a limb and toasted the bread. To be honest, I was almost out of sliced bread and what I had left was a bit iffy in the freshness department. So instead of going out for more I opted to oven toast it and it was amazing. A bit of mayo and a side of ketchup  and I was totally on board with this new found yummily.  So, thanks Natalie. Hope you enjoy my version. 

Makes 1 Chip Buttie
Ingredients:
8 to 10 thick frozen steak fries or 1 large potato cut lengthwise into 1/4 by 1/2 inch fries
lemon pepper to taste
2 slices of white or wheat bread, toasted or not (lightly buttered or not : ) Okay, I did!
mayonnaise
ketchup

Directions:
Spread fries on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Bake at 400 until golden brown.
Remove from oven and turn oven to broil. Lightly butter toast or not. Place under broiler and STAND THERE!!! Watch it carefully...wait for it...wait for it...and grab it out.  It only takes a few seconds.  Remove bread from oven and assemble sandwich.  Spread mayonnaise (optional) on one slice of bread. Place the potatoes on and top it. I served the ketchup at the side.  This will be your meal for the day : ). No, I don't know how many calories. I don't want to know.






Pin It